Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where have you been?



As I've mentioned here, here, and aluded to back there, is that I have a passion for seeing and photographing all varieties of national parks.  Here's a list of those that I've visited in reverse chronological order as best as I can remember:
  1. Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
  2. Independence National Historical Park
  3. Statue of Liberty
  4. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
  5. Grand Teton National Park
  6. Yellowstone National Park
  7. Devil's Tower National Monument
  8. Mount Rushmore National Monument
  9. Wind Cave National Park
  10. Badlands National Park
  11. Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
  12. Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
  13. Byrce Canyon National Park
  14. Zion National Park
  15. Isle Royale National Park
  16. Northern Cascades National Park
  17. Olympic National Park
  18. Mount Rainier National Park
  19. Cumberland Gap National Historical Park
  20. Mammoth Cave National Park
  21. Everglades National Park
I know that was long and I appreciate it if you've stuck around to continue reading this entry.  Looking back through the list, they have all been special in their own way.  Visisting national parks has been the biggest joy of my adult life.  Honestly, I'd rather give up photography than visiting the parks.  For some examples, I've convienently put a set together on flickr for your view pleasure.  Check back later, as I'm always adding new pictures.


Looking ahead, I'm not sure what park I'd like to visit next.  I've always had Yosemite and Glacier on my list, but there are so many more.  I would love to pass on my passion to a child of my own or niece/nephew some day, but there isn't one of those in my life, so I guess I'll have to slowly introduce my assistant to them.  She enjoyed Indiana Dunes as you might have seen on flickr.  She's just not into the whole backpacking thing yet.  It's a hard sell, but once you are into the backcountry, where 90% of the people never venture, you really get to see the beauty each park has.


So, my question to you, where have you been?  What was your favorite?  Where do you plan on going?  Leave a comment and let me know.

Editted to add: Canon just released the official annoucement of the 7D.  The retail sites don't have the price updated yet, but I'm already trying to figure out how I can fit this in my budget.  Very sexy!

P.S. Off topic a bit, but if you have a blog of your own I highly recommend watching this video to understand some geeky mechanics of how Google searches and blog construction.  Also, check out Google Analytics for free stats of your traffic.  I just set mine up and can't wait to see where my viewers are coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment