Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not too much about photography...



I'm really impressed by the amount and types of blogs out there. There are blogs on any subject you can think of. I've been looking thru all sorts of photography blogs to get ideas to better my own presentation. I found some really good examples and some not so good ones. I definately need to work on the general appearance. I chose a standard template that blogspot offered. If I took just a little time to understand html, I'm sure I could get it. Besides, presentation is everything when selling a service. I think a better logo should be the first order of business.

To better understand my audience, I signed up for Google Analytics. If you have any kind of website, whether blog or business, I highly recommend looking into this. It let's you track all sorts of data from your site, from the basic to the advanced.  I found that I have a reader from the Scottsdale, AZ area (Mel?).  As expected most of my readership comes from the south eastern Wisconsin area.  Thank you so much for checking out my blog so far. I hope to continue come up with somewhat interesting tid bits every couple day for you.

My highlight for 9-9-09, was $.09 prints at Art's Camera. I've had some problems with their results in the past, so I'm holding my breath till I pick them up tomorrow.   I'll be sure to post my review of the results. In the past, I've had some prints that were cropped funny and had some ink quality problems. I've never used an internet only source.  Does anyone have any recommendation of what has been reliable for them?

Flickr finally released an iPhone app. The interface is slick.  It runs okay on my first generation phone when on Edge.  With wifi it's much better. The only problem it that my phone only has a 1 megapixel camera, which isn't good for much besides an occasional facebook update. Hopefully this fall I can get the 3Gs. It's always so frustrating when I'm without my camera and can't even take a decent snapshot with my phone. Grrr!

While on the topic of Apple products, Apple released several new iPod products today. I'd link to the site, but it keeps crashing Internet Explorer for some reason, so here to coverage at cnet.com. And I just bought a nano after I got back from New York. Oh well, I really didn't need a video camera on my iPod. Such a strange feature, but I'm not really part of the youtube generation either.

So, now that I rambled about all things not related to my photography, I'll mention that I'm hoping to work again with Danielle this fall. Through some creativity on both our parts and some production help from my assistant, we came up with this picture:

end of a hard night

Now, after I shared this with some people, they were freaked out by it. Some said it was morbid, but to me, it was an oppurtunity to try something new and fun.

As far as this week, I'll be adding more to flickr and working on the senior pictures I took this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment